Sunday, September 16, 2012

SHORTENING THE BUCKET LIST



I was lucky enough this summer to shorten my bucket list by three line items.  The first and probably one of the items towards the very top of the list was a visit to Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water.  While I have seen many photos and documentaries of the icon of American modernism, there is nothing quite like seeing it in person, especially on such a perfect summer day.  It has not just stood the test of time, it is in fact a much better piece of residential architecture than almost any house I have seen built today.  So I encourage everyone to visit, especially all architects out there.  But, if you cannot make it, here are some more photos I had the pleasure of taking during my visit. 




 
 
 
 
What made the visit even more enjoyable and fullfilling is the fact I was able to visit with my father, a former furniture designer, Parsons student, and forever lover of all things design, also a FLW nut.  Even more than myself. 







No comments:

Post a Comment