Friday, November 2, 2012

TO NYC

I was lucky enough to be in the Big Apple and surrounding states a week before Sandy hit, and it is odd to think of the destruction that has occured.  And believe you me, I understand it.  I lived in Miami when Hurricane Andrew hit.  So here's to NYC, NJ and CT, good luck getting back on your feet and hang in there!

And a few good memories from my recent trip...

Always the skyline (at Park and 53rd):
























I visited The Standard Hotel in the Meatpacking for the first time (on my cool hotel bucket list for some time now):



 
 
And I was able to take a Sunday stroll down the Highline Park (the old elevated rail line transformed a few years ago into a very cool park) which has just fab views of the city and Hudson River.  I hope it was not too battered by Sandy...
 





No comments:

Post a Comment