Friday, May 10, 2013

COLLECTIVE .1 DESIGN FAIR

There are lots of times I miss NYC just for NYC, but then there are times that I miss being in a city with so many design events.  This week I am missing the first Collective .1 Design Fair.  The new fair's mission seems excellent, with a great mix of contemporary and historic pieces as they state on the website-
 
"Collective is a new design fair in New York City that will present a cohesive, curated selection of contemporary design and historical pieces from galleries around the world."
 
It seems to be a relatively small, select group of exhibitors, but that is not a bad thing, seeing as many of these fairs are completely overwhelming.  A few of the interesting exhibitors that caught my eye were Lost City Arts , Jousse Enterprise, and 21ST twenty first .  Here is the full list of exhibitors.
 
The other thing I love is the cross-promotion with 1st dibs, so I can actually view some of the pieces on offer... a few of my favorites-
 
From Sebastian + Barquet-
 
A Sofa by Folke Jansson (even though it is Swedish and I don't like the fabric)
 
 
And this crazy chair, Half Dollar by Jonny Swing-

 
And this amazing Wendell Castle desk and chair from Lost City Arts-
 

Sigh... will have to plan a trip next May!

No comments:

Post a Comment