Wednesday, February 8, 2012

BLUE INSTEAD OF BLACK & GRAY


It seems deep navy and indigo blues are back in, and substituting for black & charcoal.  I have to say depite my association of navy with the 1980s, I am interested in this shift, and actually quite enjoying it.  I am not really comfortable working with tons of color- don't get me wrong, I love color, but love neutrals as a base with splashes of color as needed.  I have always loved the graphic and bold quality black and white, or cream and gray, or taupe and black, and just that slight shift over to deep blue is a wonderful world of new opportunities.  And the best part is that these blues work so well WITH black and gray!  And with wood tones too.  What a great addtion to my beloved graphic color palette!

Traditional Home is doing it:


(yes, the above thow pillows and ottoman are navy, not black)

West Elm is doing it:






















Apartment Therapy is doing it:











Lonny is doing it:






















Mitchell Gold is doing it:























Farrow & Ball is doing it:























And well, you get the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment