Friday, March 7, 2014

STUNNING AND GRACEFUL OSLO ATTACK MEMORIAL

I was so happy to see an elegant, beautiful and highly poignant memorial selected for the 2011 Oslo attack memorial.  As 50 percent of the blood in my veins is Norwegian I was quite interested to see what was to come of this memorial.  Despite the nod to the Vietnam War memorial by Maya Lin in Washington DC, I believe this memorial by Jonas Dalhberg is wonderfully original and really does capture the horror of the events that transpired in peaceful little Norway a few years ago.  While it might symbolize the feeling of loss for families that lost loved ones, I believe it also perfectly captures the break that Norway as a whole felt, the loss of innocence the country had to face when this attack occurred by one, crazy, lone wolf attacker.  He truly did create a scar in the landscape of the country and culture.  Read more here.

















And I think this design is SO good I am not even going to mention the fact that Dalhberg is Swedish. Oops :)

No comments:

Post a Comment