Thursday, June 30, 2011

GOLF IN STYLE IN NORWAY
















































While I must admit I am not much of a golfer, I believe I could be talked into loving the game if I were able to regularly hang out in this golf clubhouse close to my family's home in Norway.  The clubhouse is in fact a 19th century home that was owned by a poet in the 20th century which has been converted by a local that has a natural nack for interiors. 















































I absolutely adore the classical elements...



















(Isn't this elongated Neoclassical inspired settee just screaming out to be in a Dorothy Draper or Philippe Starck hotel?!)
























and the blend wonderfully quaint touches of country rococo...


























And even if the interior was not so charming, I would visit contantly only to walk down the front drive and feel as though I existed in a British period film each and every day...


Want to see more of the Land of the Midnight Sun?  Check out these posts from my visit last summer:



No comments:

Post a Comment