Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"THE CROWN JEWELS OF HOLLYWOOD"























Christie's has dubbed Liz Taylor's jewels "The Crown Jewels of Hollywood", and I can see why.


And you have to get some sense of scale with this ring...


























Wow.  This is some pretty amazing stuff...certainly rivaling anything the British have on display at the Tower of London. 
























And despite the fact I am disappointed Sothebys did not get this sale, I am happy to see there will be a worldwide tour of the 269 jewels (with an estimated worth of over $30 million) for all us regular folks to view.  Alas, I am not in Moscow, London, LA, Dubai, Geneva, Paris or Hong Kong.  And the most disappointing is that I will be in NYC just about a week after they are on show there...by then all these jewels will have already found new homes.  And my home will not be one of them.  Sigh.  A girl can dream though...
























No comments:

Post a Comment