Sunday, November 30, 2014

THE HUDSON!


























The last time I was in New York back in September I was able to cross off another bucket list item...a stay at the Philippe Starck designed Hudson Hotel!  While I have had drinks and dinner there many a time, I never had the chance to stay and it was great to get the full experience and sleep in one of the very tiny guest rooms!

























While the design throughout was excellent and amazingly not at all dated (of course, it is Starck, hotel design guru after all), I must admit I was underwhelmed with hotel management and for the hefty price tag I think I will stick with drinks from now on, probably not even dinner anymore due to the fact they have redesigned the main restaurant, no longer a Starck creation :(


No comments:

Post a Comment